The 2019 Atlantic hurricane season begins on June 1st and lasts through November. The names are:
Andrea - 7/8/2019 - Andrea was the first hurricane of the 2019 Atlantic hurricane season. It was one of the most destructive hurricanes in Mexico. In southern Mexico, torrential rainfall led to numerous landslides and mudslides, while rivers flooded many homes and roads were collapsed or damaged. Hundreds of thousands of citizens lost power, and widespread infrastructure was damaged or destroyed. In Belize, storm surge of at least 4 ft caused beach erosion, causing some flooding. Along its track, Andrea was responsible for 33 deaths and $2.5 billion in damage.
Barry - 7/13/2019 - Hurricane Barry made landfall in Louisiana and weakened to a tropical storm on Saturday. The storm, previously a Category 1 hurricane, brought heavy rainfall and flooding to the Gulf Coast and knocked out power for tens of thousands in the region.
Chantal - 8/20/2019 - Tropical Depression Chantal Stirred Briefly in the North Atlantic Ocean
Dorian - 8/31/2019 - ...extremely dangerous hurricane Dorian moving closer to the northwestern Bahamas, life-threatening storm surge...hurricane-force winds...and heavy rainfall expected over the northwesternmost Bahamas,
- 9/1/2019 - ...catastrophic category 5 Dorian pounding great Abaco,
- 9/3/2019 - ...eye of Dorian beginning to inch northwestward, southern eyewall continues to pound grand Bahama Island, killing 7 with more expected deaths to follow.
- 9/4/2019 - ...Dorian skirts the coast of Florida,
- 9/6/2019 - ...Hurricane Dorian makes landfall over Cape Hatteras, North Carolina,
- 9/7/2019 - ...Hurricane Dorian made one final US stop in southeastern Massachusetts on Saturday as it races through the Atlantic Ocean for another expected landfall in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia.
- 9/20/2019 - Dorian caused 55 direct deaths
Erin - 8/31/2019 - Erin formed off the coast of North Carolina and then moved out into the ocean without affecting land before becoming extratropical.
Fernand - 9/4/2019 - Tropical Storm Fernand was a short-lived but deadly tropical cyclone that struck parts of Veracruz state, Mexico, causing flash flooding and landslides
Gabrielle - 9/6/2019 - Gabrielle - weak and disorganized tropical storm that dissipated over the eastern Atlantic.
Humberto - 9/16/2019 - Humberto expected to become a hurricane by tonight as it passes far east off Florida's coast
Imelda - 9/18/2019 - Tropical Depression Imelda brought driving rains to Louisiana and southeast Texas on Thursday, prompting evacuations and inundating many of the same communities ravaged by Hurricane Harvey two years ago. As much as 40 inches of rain could fall in the region on Thursday and Friday, as "significant and life threatening flash flooding is ongoing across portions of far southeast Texas.
- 9/20/2019 - Imelda left Texas with at least 5 deaths and historic rainfall
Jerry - 9/18/2019 - Jerry has strengthened and is now a Category 1 hurricane with winds of 90 mph. This storm will move west-northwest for the next several days before it's expected to curve away from Florida, passing over 600 miles to our east.